Nightrider™ Bristol 2019
Distance: 50km or 100km
Nightrider is returning to Bristol and you can be a part of this special cycle challenge! Taking place throughout the night, Nightrider is a charity ride which is all about having fun, seeing the sights and taking on a personal challenge.
You can choose from a 50km or 100km route in and around Bristol. Explore the city’s top sights, latest attractions, famous landmarks and discover some lesser well-known treasures. Whether you’re cycling on your own, with your friends, family or work colleagues, we can promise you a different kind of Saturday night! This is not a timed ride and it’s not a sportive, it is all about having a good time and cycling together. Enjoy the sights, take photos, support each other and help us the Southern Spinal Injuries Trust to raise funds.
As the UK’s first Cycling City, Bristol is one of Europe’s most bike-friendly destinations and
Nightrider provides a unique way to explore its well-known sights and attractions. The 2019 route will see the ride set off from a central location and follow two 50km loops through the city taking in major landmarks and hidden gems, including the vibrant Harbour side area and iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge. The hills of Bristol can’t be escaped, so be prepared for a hilly ride! Full support, back up and regular break stops are provided throughout the night, along with a well-earned breakfast and medal at the finish.
- Enjoy cycling past the many sights of Bristol in this unique charity bike ride at night.
- The route is fully sign-posted. You can cycle at your own pace and follow the signs. GPS
route will also be released.
- Choice of routes – 100km or 50km
- Amazing atmosphere with hundreds of cyclists riding together, raising funds.
- Great event to do with friends or work colleagues. Why not get a team together?
- Nightrider is organised by leading charity challenge company Classic Challenge who have
been organising challenge events for more than twenty-five years.
Is Nightrider for me?
- If you’re looking for a different and enjoyable challenge then this is for you!
- You should be confident in cycling alongside traffic. Some roads are busy even at night.
The route is mainly on quieter roads, but it does take in some of Bristol’s lively spots
which will be busy with the public and vehicles.
- This event is not a race and is not timed and we encourage people to cycle responsibly.
Most people complete the 100km route in 6-8 hours. The maximum time permitted is 10
- You should be prepared to put in some training prior to the event – it is a challenge and you will need to be able to cycle 50km /100km. We therefore do not recommend this event for beginner riders.
Sound like the event for you? We’d love you to join the Southern Spinal Injuries Trust Nightrider Bristol team on one of our limited Charity Places.
You will need to pay a registration fee and we ask to you commit to raising £175 minimum Sponsorship for us.
We’ll give you lots of support, help and advice to set you on the way to fundraising success.
To secure your place in Nightrider please click below to complete the short registration form and pay your registration fee. You can select which distance you would like to register for. We’ll then be in touch to welcome you to the team and support you on your way.
New for 2019 – the earlier you register for Nightrider, the more you save on your Registration Fee!
• Register by 31 March 2019 and sign up for £35
• Register any time after 1 April and sign up for £45
Fundraise Here – set up your fundraising page
FAQs – Have a read through of the Frequently Asked Question document here if you’d like any more information.
Ts & Cs – Full terms and conditions of Nightrider can be found here.
If you need to any further information please don’t hesitate to contact us at Southern Spinal Injuries Trust at [email protected] or 01985 850835Register here for Nightrider™ Bristol 2019