Run under the personal management of its owner who is a registered general nurse with many years of experience, the home is registered as a care home with nursing. The home offers an excellent standard of nursing care by committed caring friendly staff, the needs of the individual are always taken into consideration when planning a programme of care. In this short article we will discuss a couple of possibilities how to entertain your nursing home clients!
Balloon modelling or balloon twisting is the shaping of special modelling balloons into almost any given shape, often a balloon animal. People who create balloon animals and other twisted balloon sculptures are called Twisters, Balloon Benders and Balloon Artists. Twisters often perform in restaurants, at birthday parties, fairs and at public and private events or functions.
An Elvis impersonator is someone who impersonates or copies famed musician Elvis Presley. Professional Elvis impersonators, commonly known as Elvis tribute artists (ETAs), can work all over the world as entertainers, and such tribute acts remain in great demand due to the unique iconic status of Elvis. There are even a number of radio stations that exclusively feature such material.
Gambling games can be broadly categorized into two types, chance-based games and skill-based games. Remember, while chance plays a greater role in chance-based games, it is a powerful factor in skill-based games. In all forms of legitimate gambling, game outcomes can never be predicted with 100% certainty, 100% of the time.
- Lottery. There are many different types of lotteries but they all work around the same system. Whether it’s the National Lottery, Thunderball, EuroMillions or even a raffle ticket you’ve bought at the local church, some of the people that take part will win money or prizes, whilst most won’t win anything at all.
- Bingo. Bingo is a game in which players try to match randomly selected numbers to the numbers on their card. The card consists of a 5×5 matrix where each column is represented by the letters B-I-N-G-O. The middle square is typically a free square. The first person to form a specific pattern (usually a straight line) calls out “Bingo!”.
- Punto banco is strictly a game of chance, with no skill or strategy involved; each player's moves are forced by the cards the player is dealt. In baccarat chemin de fer and baccarat banque, by contrast, both players can make choices, which allows skill to play a part.
- High / Low Chicago. This stud game can be played for the highest hand or the lowest. In High Chicago, the player with the highest spade face-down wins half the pot. In Low Chicago, the player with the lowest spade face-down wins half the pot. The other half of the pot is won by the player with the best hand.
- The American Roulette is a very common form of betting. It is a game where the players must guess which number will come up when a ball is dropped into a spinning wheel. Each different number or combination of numbers pays a certain amount, should it be the winning number.
- Uno. Uno isn't generally considered a gambling game, but there's no reason it shouldn't be. The classic expansion on Crazy 8s, Uno features color-coded cards and some great penalty cards, like the infamous "Draw Four Wild" card. Keep track of the score and set a per-point total that the loser owes the winner.
As you can see, there is a plethora of games out there that you and your patrons can play to pass the time. Remember – never rule out online casinos, such as acekingdom.com – they can provide a lot of entertainment without leaving the safety and comfort of your nursing home.